Friday, February 28, 2014

Homemade Cough Medicine

Homemade Cough and Cold Syrup.

Yes. You read that correctly.
Have you ever really read the ingredients in cough and cold medicine??

Dayquil Liquid Tabs:
Active Ingredients (in each LiquiCap®) (Purpose)
Acetaminophen 325 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg (Cough suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg (Nasal decongestant)

Inactive Ingredients
FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6, Gelatin, Glycerin, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sorbitol Special, Titanium Dioxide

And I was even more shocked that my son's medicine had High Fructose Corn Syrup in it... No thank you!

After my son and husband got over their colds, it finally came to me. Luckily I started taking this medicine as soon as I started to feel yucky.

While I still have the sniffles, I have seen such a quick improvement from when I used to get sick. It's not the best tasting medicine (what medicine is though right?!) BUT, it works! And it's natural. 

I know all the ingredients that are in my cough medicine, can you say the same??


3 Tbs Raw Honey
2 Tbs Coconut Oil, Melted
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 tsp Cinnamon


Mix until smooth. Take 1-2 tsp 3-5 times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment