Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, I didn't think it would be so hard to get back on track after a long weekend of not so healthy eating. 
I have to admit that I ate grilled cheese for lunch and dinner yesterday and I had 2 cups of hot chocolate!

After getting over a foot of snow and spending 30 minutes digging my husbands stuck truck out, all I wanted was grilled cheese and some hot chocolate! So yummy!!

Today, I am back on track. I have half of my 30 Day Challenge done and I had a healthy breakfast...now to just get my butt motivated to get my Daily Burn in!




Friday, February 14, 2014

Breakfast: Strawberry Mint Smoothie
(Organic Frozen Strawberries, Fresh Mint Leaves, Organic Shredded Coconut, Organic Chia Seeds, Ice)



Vegetable Scramble
(Organic Green Pepper, Organic Mushrooms, Cherry Tomatoes, Organic Eggs)



Snack: Organic Fruit Salad


Lunch: Organic Chicken Fajita on a Potato Bun with Mustard



Snack: Organic Fruit Salad



Dinner: Almond Encrusted Cod with Beurre Blanc Sauce
(Cod Fillet, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, White Wine, Organic Butter, Organic Heavy Cream, Almonds, Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese)

Pour 1/4 white wine and 1 Tbs of heavy cream into a small saucepan over medium heat. 
Cook gently until it is reduced by half.

Mix together 1 cup chopped almonds, 1 cup panko bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.


Beat the egg in a separate bowl.

Add 2 Tbs of butter to a large saute pan over medium heat.

Dip the fish in the egg.

Then, coat with the almond mixture.

Once the butter has melted, add the fish and cook for several minutes on each side.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
Once the fish is flaky in the middle it is ready to be served.

Once the wine mixture has been reduced by half, add 1 more Tbs of cream and then 4 Tbs butter.
Whisk the sauce together and pour on top of the fish.

Viola!

The fish turned out so tender and yummy that I had a second helping!


Recipes inspired by: www.100daysofrealfood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment