Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm Back!

Phew! I've been M.I.A. for a few days and it feels good to be back!

My husband's grandmother passed away last Monday and we had family from North Carolina staying with us since Friday! It was really nice to get to spend some time with them and having people in the house for a change. It was a long weekend though and I'm glad to be back to eating healthy and getting my workouts in!

The past few days were not filled with a lot of healthy eating. I didn't want to overwhelm our guest with my crazy meals. I'm getting used to it all and so are my son and husband, but I didn't want to completely shock 2 little girls and their parents with what I normally eat.

I did, however, make some healthy meals while they were over. Whole Wheat Banana Bread, Whole Wheat Panko Chicken with Sweet Potato (Baked) Fries and a Salad, Whole Wheat Pizza from scratch, and my son and I shared a Strawberry, Kiwi, Chia Seeds, Coconut Water Smoothie one morning!

There was also some Panera, Pizza, Friendly's, and Bagels thrown in there...and Birthday Cake :/

Oh well...it's a new week and it's back to the old grind! 

I never thought I would miss working out so much! My energy level has definitely dropped and I can't wait to get back to it today. Since there are a ton of groceries I shopped for last Thursday, this week I'll be basing my recipes on what I can use up before it goes bad.

My son slept in this morning and when he took a nap, so did I and I missed my snacks. I made the pizza a couple days ago, but I will post the recipe here since I had it for lunch today.
Enjoy!



Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Breakfast: Homemade Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Organic Butter and 2 Pecan Maple Breakfast "Cookies" with Organic Milk and Coffee, of course!


Lunch: Leftover Homemade Pizza
(Whole Wheat Flour, Kosher Salt, Yeast, Organic Sauce, Organic Mozzarella Cheese, Organic Fruit Salad, and Regular Salad with Organic French Dressing

Drop 1 packet (2 tsp) of yeast into 1 cup of warm water and let it set for a few minutes.

Stir in the 2 tsp salt and 2 Tbs EVOO into the yeast mixture.

Pour 3 cups whole wheat flour and the yeast mixture into the mixer with a dough hook.


Mix until you end up with a ball chasing itself. I had to add a couple tsp of water for this to happen.



Remove the ball and knead until smooth. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.

When you're ready to make the pizza, preheat the oven to 500 degrees. 

Use a rolling pin and roll dough out to desired shape. 
Put the flat dough on a baking sheet and top with tomato sauce, cheese, and any other toppings of your choice. 

Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until crust and cheese are golden.


Dinner: Chicken Fajita
(Organic Chicken, Organic Green Peppers, Organic Mushrooms, Organic Onion, Organic Butter, EVOO, Cumin, Old Bay Seasoning, Organic Whole Wheat Sprouted Tortilla)

Saute the green peppers and onions in the EVOO until they start to brown. 
Add in the mushrooms, 2 Tbs butter, and your seasonings, stirring until butter is melted and vegetables are softened.

Cook the chicken and add to the vegetables.


Place fajita mixture into the center of the tortilla and enjoy!

Recipes inspired and provided by: www.100daysofrealfood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment