Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Power of Water

Water. 

The body is made up of 55-78% of water, depending on the size of the person. It is our job to hydrate the body and replenish it.

I have been drinking water like a mad-woman ever since I got pregnant and I now very rarely drink anything but water.

I have learned to love it and thanks to my Hydro app on my phone, I am reminded to keep drinking throughout the day. The app is great. You put in your information and it calculates how much water you should be drinking in the day. You can set reminders, too.

It definitely helps me when life gets so busy and I'm running around after my 14 month old or out and about running errands.

So, check out the Hydro app or just remember to get your 8-10 glasses of water in a day.



Saturday, February 2, 2014

Breakfast: Brain Boosting Berry Smoothie
(Organic Banana, Organic Frozen Raspberries, Organic Frozen Blueberries, Organic Avocado, Organic Chia Seeds, Water)

 Combine 1 banana, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 avocado, 1 Tbs chia seeds, 1 cup water)



Lunch: Hummus Veggie Wrap with Fruit and Pretzels
(Organic Whole Wheat Tortilla, Homemade Organic Hummus, Organic Spinach, Organic Red Pepper, Organic Cucumber, Organic Tomato)

Homemade Hummus:
(Organic Garbanzo Beans, Kosher Salt, EVOO, Organic Garlic, Organic Lemon, Organic Tahini)

In a food processor, combine 2 cups garbanzo beans, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 of a lemon , 3 Tbs tahini, 1 Tbs EVOO, and a pinch of salt until smooth.




Spread the hummus on a whole wheat tortilla, top with the veggies of your choice.

I paired my wrap with organic kiwi and organic whole grain pretzels)


Dinner: Cheat Day!
Cam's pick was pizza. We LOVE pizza. Duncan loves pizza too.

We had a nice family dinner (it doesn't happen often b/c of Cam's work schedule) despite Baby Duncan being sick.

And also due to Duncan being sick, I didn't get my workout in today or either of my snacks...
But, tomorrow's another day. I am done beating myself up about the small things.
Mama duty comes first always!


No comments:

Post a Comment