Saturday, February 22, 2014

Slacker

The past few days I've been feeling a little down and disappointed with myself.

 I'm not getting the results that I want and I think it has to be due to my eating habits still.

I haven't been 100% committing to it all and I know I can do better.

I could make a ton of excuses...I'm a Mom. A wife. I'm tired. I have my period. I'm getting sick. Wahh Wahh Wahh. But, I just need to commit and do it. No excuses.

Since I missed blogging for a couple of days, I'm going to just post some of my favorite meals from Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday  :)





My Mom came over on Wednesday since I had a doctor appointment and she went with D and me to Wegmans for my weekly food shopping afterward. I LOVE Sushi and I got a Veggie Roll with Avocado, Carrots, Cucumber, Seaweed, and Brown Rice.





I've never had Collard Greens before so when I decided to try this recipe I only bought a small bunch of the greens.
 I WILL be making this recipe again and I'll be making double greens to the rest of the ingredients. 
I may or may not have eaten the whole bowl myself...
(Organic Collard Greens, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup, Organic Red Onion, Organic Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon)

Satay the with a couple Tbs of water until the greens are wilted.
Remove from the pan and wipe it clean.

In the same pan, cook the bacon until brown and crispy.

Remove from pan and let cool on a paper towel.
Crumble into small pieces once cool.
 Leave the bacon grease in the pan.

Add the chopped onion and saute until tender.
Then, place the collard greens back in the pan, 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar, and 1 Tbs Maple Syrup.

Saute for a few minutes and then added the crumbled bacon.

This was such a filling meal.
I little high is fat because of the bacon, so it would be a great lunch option, after a good workout.
Or you could just have a small amount as a side, if you can resist it's yumminess!!





I got these Triscuit-Like Cracker and now I'm obsessed with them!
They are made by Natures Promise and they're made with only Organic Whole Wheat Flour and Salt. 
I topped the crackers with Organic Unpasteurized American Cheese.





RASPBERRIES!
I think raspberries have become my favorite fruit.
I literally can wash and eat the whole container...unless I have to share with my son!






One of my favorite smoothies so far:
Organic Frozen Strawberries, Frozen Mangoes, Organic Shredded Coconut, OJ


Recipes Inspired By: www.100daysofrealfood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment