Thursday, May 19, 2011

Scum-Bags, Cakes, and Hope (Oh My)

So here's the latest update on my unemployment...

I got a call Monday afternoon from my former boss at Cold Stone Creamery called me (I became friends with his daughter and she filled him in on my situation). He just lost another cake decorator and wanted me to come back and be the cake decorator again. Since it was late, I called Unemployment the next day.

I waited on hold for over an hour. While I was waiting I was playing around with the website and found that something was wrong with my claim and it was being reviewed. Obviously I wouldn't get paid until everything was ok. So now I had 2 questions to ask when they finally took my call. All I wanted to know was how many hours I can work to make up the difference of the money I'm losing.

The guy told me that the scum-bags I worked for were appealing my claim. The guy wouldn't tell my what they were saying (He said it was private, which I don't understand because it's about me) but anyway...once Unemployment decides (If they deny then we can appeal them and then we'll probably have to have a meeting with them...) I will let everyone know.

I kinda had a feeling they would do this...it just shows that they are so power-hungry and just down right rotten people. It amazes me that people like this actually exist. I, for one, have learned very valuable lessons from this whole experience and will never let this happen to me again.

So, after calling my parents and Cam and freaking out...I called Steve back and he asked me to come in a talk about my job. He said he's dealt with situations like this a lot and the appeal almost never goes through, so that's a plus. He offered me my old job back and the same times and days. I am very thankful to have such wonderful people in my corner. I will get through all of this and be stronger for it.

I have hope and faith that things will work out as they should. I have my family, friends, and wonderful people in my life that I can lean on.

No comments:

Post a Comment