Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes...

A lot has been going on.

I had a nice, relaxing weekend, spending a lot of time with Mack and Cam! The weather was crappy so i stayed inside and had a True Blood marathon!! I love me some True Blood...can't wait for the new season! It looks like it's going to be great!

I haven't been running :/  This weather is killing me. I'm not one to run in the rain, especially when it's cold out. I'm not a fan of having my face wet while trying to focus on my run...

I know. Complain, Complain. I really need to stop complaining.

I have been reading my friend, Kat Belke's blog. She moved to Africa last year and I just (last night at 11:30) caught up with her blog. Reading it and hearing the stories about the kids and people there really makes you think about your own life and problems. It makes me really thankful for the things I have and the amazing people in my life. Especially my family. I have the best family and friends in the world!!

I have been looking for a passage that Kat wrote in her blog about not worrying or looking to the future because today has enough problems...I'm going to keep looking for it because it really spoke to me and made me think about my life.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that things will work out as they're supposed to, but sometimes it's hard to just go with it and let it happen. I believe that God has a plan for us and I guess I just need to try harder to go with the flow...and for those of you who really know me, that's a lot to ask, but I'm seriously going to work on it.

On another, good note...yesterday I had my first solo day back at Cold Stone! It went very well...I made 17 cakes (not too shabby for my first day back)!! So that is the number one change that's going on with me right now. I'll be working 4 days a week for about 5 hours which is just enough for me haha. At least Mack won't have to be alone all day anymore!

I still have not heard anything from unemployment yet...but, as I am learning, everything will turn out as it should!! Well, the rain is falling and I need to start cleaning and go grocery shopping today!! :)

1 comment:

  1. im glad you're back at Cold Stone. It seems like the people there are really great! I would want to eat cakes all day though lol. They seriously have the best cakes and cupcakes. Don't worry you'll get back into running. When I miss a few days I always tell myself that I am a runner for life and in the long term missing a few days isn't a big deal.

    ReplyDelete