Friday, May 27, 2011

Guns and Such

Well, I had work again on Wednesday. I felt more comfortable than Monday and had less to do so I didn't feel so rushed and stressed. I was also able to organize all the cake stuff back to the way I like it! After work Cam and I met up with his friend Willy and we went to the shooting range. I have never fired a gun before except when we lived in Georgia and they had "Family Day" at the range and I got to shoot a machine gun (such an awesome once-in-a-lifetime experience)!! I was really nervous and scared.


I've been around guns my whole life (my dad's a former Marine, a hunter, and a gun collector), but I never really learned anything about them until I married Cam. He always tells me all the rules and different things about different guns, but there's so much information that I tend to forget most of it. Not really a good thing, but I do try to remember. There are a few key rules I never forget... 1. Never point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at anyone unless you are going to shoot them. 2. Regarding the safety: Red You're Dead and 3. Never store the gun and bullets in the same area.


I do remember some other things, but those are most important, I think. I used Willy's smaller hand gun at the range and I'm pretty confident now that I know how to load, fire, and unload it. Shooting was another thing. I have pretty poor vision and couldn't see the target to far out so I only hit the paper a couple of times, but for my first time out I think I did pretty well. Cam was so cute and went out to get my target to save after we were all done!


They also made me shoot his M1 Garand (I think that's what it was called...) just to try and it was so hard. Cam was helping hold it steady so it didn't hit my shoulder so hard. All in all it was a really fun experience. Would I do it again? Yes. Would I go again tomorrow? No...too much too soon haha.

Then, we got McDonald's and headed over to a bar called The Flying Dog! Haha. Funny name. We met some other people there and hung out for a couple hours. We had a really fun time, but it was soooo late and I was getting cranky-tired. We didn't get home until after 1 and Cam had to be up at 4:30...I remained in cranky mode and I didn't get up to make him breakfast or lunch haha.

I called him later to apologize. I am a different person when I'm over-tired. I had a full day of cleaning and laundry. When Cam got home we went to donate blood. As I thought, my iron was 2 points too low and I couldn't donate. I say, as I thought, because every time I donate my iron is too low. Always the same number too haha. But, Cam donated so that was good at least!!

No comments:

Post a Comment