Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Perfect Weather

The weather channel app on my phone said there would be thunderstorms all day today. So I was very pleasantly surprised when I got home from work and it was sunny and warm.

I had a rough day today after being sick all weekend and off from work yesterday and Monday. I won't get into too much detail, but those of you who know me well know how the family I work for keeps house. Usually Mondays are the worst, after the weekend of not cleaning up, and I literally have a panic attack when I walk through the door so I was freaking out wondering what today (After being away for 4 days) was going to be like. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Still there was 4 huge loads of laundry, cleaning up toys all over the place, grocery shopping, making dinner and storytime with Sarah. Thank God the cleaning people were there today (they come every-other week) so that helped me out a lot too!

I was looking forward to running outside today and really hoping the good weather stuck because I just hate going to the gym at night. It's too crowded, I always feel like people are watching me work out, it smells, and I can never gadge my running comfort level on the treadmill.

So, it goes back to me being very happy for the nice weather we had today! I kept with my run one song, walk one song routine. Since I didn't get a chance to run yesterday I didn't want to push myself. Although, I think I will stick to that plan for the rest of the week and then go from there. I was very comfortable today so I'm thinking either I'll add a half or whole song to the running and keep the walking the same or should I add another half or whole mile?!

Anyone who has a suggestion about that, please leave a comment! I'm still learning all the ins and outs of running and I know you can't really make a mistake with it, but I'm finally excited about something and I want to do it right!

It has been a long day. After resting for almost 4 days and really relaxing yesterday, today was a big shocker and I'm just so drained. As of now, I am just dealing with a cold (sneezing, runny nose, etc.) and I'm hoping to kick it by the start of next week when I bump up my routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment