Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 1

Today technically isn't day one, but it is day one following my new plan.

Before I left for my walk/run I re-read my magazines again and wrote down a few key points to remember. I am horrible with remembering to stretch, but I know it's really important, so I did my stretches and then was out the door.

I always make the mistake of jumping the gun, so to speak, and running right away. My plan for week one is to walk for the first 5 minutes, run 2 minutes, and walk 4 minutes. Since I've been sick all day I figured I would just take a nice, brisk walk just to get something in for today. As I started walking I felt great.

I know a lot of people hate running with an ipod, but I can't do without it. I love being able to blast my favorite songs and just get lost in the music for the 2 miles I've been doing. I have enough thoughts during the day and I don't need anymore time with just my thoughts, haha.

I also am hoping to get a watch with a timer for keeping better time during my runs. Since I don't have one at the moment, I decided to walk one song and run one song. Most of my songs average 4 minutes so I figured that I would try and figure out the 2 minute mark in the song, but I was just feeling great today.

I ended up walking the first 5 minutes and then I did run one song and walk one song. I thought about stopping, but I felt pretty good so I decided to just go with it. The run to walk ratio was perfect. My lungs weren't killing me too bad and my legs were feeling strong.

I got to experience another first...running in the rain. Thank the Lord that it was pouring because I had a whole mile until I was home, but it was a drizzle and it actually felt nice.

All in all my first day on my new plan went very well! I can't wait to run again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. this is great Krystal!! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it amazing when you aren't feeling that great but decide to go out anyway, plan to take it easy, and then end up feeling awesome and doing more than you expected. Running in the rain is my favorite thing in the summer, not so much in the cool weather though. I ran for 6 miles in the rain last week and it was a little miserable lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Asheley! I defintely was looking forward to running yesterday, but being sick I didn't want to risk getting sicker running in the cold rain haha! It probably will feel nice on a hot summer day!! I'm hoping to run outside today, but I brought my gym stuff with my to stop at the gym if it's raining again tonight :(

    ReplyDelete