Friday, April 22, 2011

The Biggest Loser

I've been watching The Biggest Loser for a few seasons now and I ball like a baby at almost every episode. I have to say that this season is the most inspirational of them all. It made me really look at myself and wonder why I struggle so much with weight and food. FEAR. Overcoming fear is a huge thing for me. The first step for me is changing up my work out routine.

I've been afraid to run for years. 1. because of my asthma and 2. because I just thought I couldn't ever do it. Fear.

I did run again yesterday and it went well. As the weather is getting warmer (I'm saying this as it's like 30 degrees right now) I want to start running in the morning. I've had a slight taste of running in hot weather and I'm not a fan of it. I hate sweating and I hate bugs.

There are some things that I really like about running outside...
1. I like the sound of sneakers on the gravel
2. No one can hear me breathing (and with my asthma sometimes I breathe like a crazy person)
3. I always feel like people are watching me work out at the gym and then I have to look at the ridiculously skinny women there
4. I get to shower in my own house and not see older ladies walking around in their birthday suit
5. I can never get the right pace on the treadmill as I can get while running outside

Tonight Cam and I are going to the movies right after work (haven't seen him since Sunday) so there will be no running tonight. I plan on running tomorrow morning before we head out to North Jersey to visit family!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog. I set my alarm every morning to work out and just snooze it. I am going to use your blog to push me a bit more! I also have a running watch (garmin) to motivate me as well they are def worth buying. Good luck, I look forward to reading more about your journey :)

    ReplyDelete