Friday, April 29, 2011

Housewife Day #1

Well, today was my first day as a full-time housewife.

I still haven't processed the whole mess of yesterday, but I only cried twice today so that's a start!
Today didn't start out so well...I've been having issues with my phone where when the battery gets too low it switches to Houston, TX time (who knows why). Houston is an hour behind us. So the alarm went off at 4:30 and Cam looks over at the regular clock is says, "Why does that clock say 5:30?!"
So, Cam was an hour late to work today...thank goodness he didn't get into too much trouble, but I felt horrible!

I was going to go back to sleep, but after the drama I couldn't. I decided to take today and the weekend to rest, relax, and recharge after the insanity that happened. I still can't believe that actually happened...
I spent most of today organizing and figuring out a schedule for myself so I don't get too bored all day. I also drove to their house and returned the car seat that was in my car. As I got closer to their house I could literally feel my chest tightening and I started to panic.

What if they're outside?
What if they see me and come outside?
What would I say...what would they say?

I decided to stop my car right before their house, put the seat in the garage, and then get in my car and go. Thank God I didn't see any of them and now I have no more ties to them.
I made my way to Verizon and ended up having to get an extra charger that adds 5 hours of life to my battery.

I didn't run today. I thought about it and how it would clear my head, but I had already gotten dressed for the day and then would have had to shower and get re-dressed so I just decided to be lazy!!

Since I have more time and I'm a little more relaxed I was able to make an amazing dinner. I made Shepherd's Pie and Cam said it was the best he ever had (and he's actually had it when he lived in Europe)!! That made me feel great!! I can't wait to have more time to do things in my own home...I can already feel the positive impact it's having on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment