Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Zucchini Pizza


Looking for a healthier, low-carb pizza option?!
Well, look no further...

I was a little skeptical when I first decided to try this recipe, but I will now admit that I ate half the pizza myself and Cam ate the other half!

Make sure you really ring out the water in the zucchini.
 My pizza turned out a little soggy (that obviously didn't stop us from devouring it) and when I try it again I will be getting some cheese cloth because I heard that works the best to get all the water out.

This recipe is really easy and does not take very long to make.

Healthy Ingredients. Big Flavors. Happy Tummies!



You will need:
3 Medium Size Zucchinis
2 Eggs
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan or Mozzarella (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)
Salt
Toppings of your choice (I used Organic Tomato Sauce, Sauteed Organic Red Onions, Garlic, Fresh Basil, and more Parmigiano Reggiano and Organic Creamy Jack Cheese)


Preheat the oven to 450.

Grate the zucchini into a large bowl.

Sprinkle salt on the zucchini, stir and let sit for a few minutes.

Squeeze the water out (I used a paper towel).

Place back in the bowl and add the eggs and grated cheese.

Spread parchment paper on a pizza stone or baking sheet.

Spread out your dough batter about 1/2 inch thick into a circle.

Cook in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until browned.

While the pizza is in the oven, saute and toppings that you would like.

When the pizza is done, remove from oven and add toppings.

Bake again until the crust edges brown further and cheese on top melts.





As I said before, the pizza didn't last long, so I'm glad (and lucky) that I got a picture of it.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment