Monday, March 10, 2014

Chicken Spring Rolls

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a Chinese food, sushi maniac! But, unfortunately, it is not the healthiest type of food. Actual sushi, without the rice and added sauces is great for you, if you don't mind eating raw fish (which is don't, but most people can't handle it).

That being said, there are a ton of other Asian options, like spring rolls. I used Soy Wrappers that I found at Wegmans. You can add any type of vegetable that you have and really any meat. I used chicken or you can make it vegetarian, as well!

I never used these wrappers before and they are very thin and a little hard to work with. I had 5 wrappers and after the first and second one, I got the hang of it.

The recipe I based this off of had a peanut dipping sauce, but I opted to just add a dribble of Organic Soy Sauce instead!

So, play around with the ingredients and have fun with it!



I used:

5 Soy Wrappers (a variety pack)
Organic Cooked Chicken, cut into thin slices
Organic Shrimp
Organic Red Pepper, thinly sliced
Organic Cucumber, thinly sliced
Organic Carrots, thinly sliced
Organic Spinach
Organic Radish Sprouts
Organic Sage and Basil
Organic Scallions
Organic Lime


Place all of the filling in the center top of the wrapper.

Fold the bottom up and roll (carefully).

Yup. That's it!

Easy Peasy! 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment