Friday, March 7, 2014

Sage Polenta with Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts


What's with all the Brussels sprouts lately, you might ask. 
Funny thing is that I don't think I ever ate them as a kid and now I don't understand why. There's not too strong of a taste to them and they're filled with great nutrients. 

My husband is not a fan of mushrooms, but he really liked this dish.

Polenta is really simple to make. You can buy pre-made polenta that comes in a tube-like shape, or I bought organic polenta mix. All polenta is is ground corn.

I used Parmigiano Reggiano for my cheese and I cut everything in half since there's only 2 1/2 of us!
And, as always, most if not all of my ingredients are organic.



You will need:

1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and quartered
8 oz Mushrooms
2 Tbs EVOO
S & P to taste
Polenta (follow package instructions)
3/4 cup Shredded Parmesan, divided
1/4 cup Fresh Sage, chopped



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Toss the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned.

While the veggies are baking, bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
Reduce heat to low and whisk in the polenta.
Continue to whisk until polenta has thickened, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, sage, and salt, and pepper to taste.

Divide the polenta into 4 bowls and top each with 1/4 of the baked veggies and 1 Tbs of Parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment