Thursday, March 6, 2014

Salmon with Prosciutto

In the past couple of months I have become a salmon freak!

I never really liked fish growing up. I would enjoy shrimp and crab legs, but that's about all the seafood I would eat. 

Venturing from diet to diet I would try different fish here and there. But, I didn't really start to enjoy them until I really was appreciative of the flavor and thought of it more as a yummy meal, instead of a low-calorie food.

What I like about salmon is that it literally falls apart and melts in your mouth (if it's cooked right). 

Prosciutto is another favorite of mine. Just the right amount of salt and not too crunchy. I can just eat it out of the package too...and I think it tastes much better that way.

Asparagus, aside from being yummy, has many health benefits. It is low in calories and a great source of folate and potassium. The stalks are high in antioxidants, so make sure you use as much of the asparagus as you can. The trick is to hold each end in your hands and it will break where it's supposed to. Green asparagus is also a good source of Vitamin C.

So steam that Organic Asparagus, Bake your Wild Caught Salmon with the Prosciutto on top and serve with an Organic Wild Rice Medley!



No comments:

Post a Comment