Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Run Forest Run

I never thought that running would make me feel so good!

The plan I've been doing (couch to 5k) is super easy and makes the 30 minutes required fly by and before I know it it's cool down time. I'm on week 3 and yesterday I got my best time/stride!

 I never thought I would be a runner. I'm not where I would like to be yet, but I know (especially with this program) that I will be. It's my time to have some thoughts to myself without wondering when the baby will wake up or having to do anything else around the house.

Mack is doing well. No more episodes, thank God!

Baby Duncan and I were playing peek-a-boo yesterday and he was loving it so much and smiling and laughing. What did I do? Start crying like a maniac...are the hormones still pumping through me? I hope so, otherwise I'm just a crazy person!!

Any moms out there have any tips for getting rid of the pooch?! I feel like I'm working really hard with running and trying to eat better and not much is going on in that area. I have this thing called a Baboosh. It's a stomach wrap that you're supposed to wear for 40 days straight right after giving birth. Well, I ordered my late and didn't get it until a week or 2 after I had Baby D, but I was good about wearing it regularly (even while sleeping).

It's a Brooke Burke product and obviously she looks amazing. It actually worked in tightening my skin and reducing my stretch marks. The only things I didn't like about it was that you could definitely see it under clothing so I only wanted to wear it while home and it was uncomfortable to sleep in. I have to keep up with wearing it (I've been bad about putting it on lately) because I'm sure it couldn't hurt now that the 40 days are over.

I always have so many things I want to write down and remember to blog about and then by the time I have a moment to type or I'm not too tired to stay awake and type, I forget everything haha.

I've been doing a lot more good cooking! Each week I'm cooking from a different cook book of mine (I have so many and feel I never use them) and this week is German and Polish themed. I've already made 2 Polish dishes, Chicken Bitki and Flounder in Polish Sauce. Both turned out really yummy! The chicken bitki, though, was really good. It's almost like a chicken meatball, but rolled out long and with a side of pickled beets (yes, pickled beets, try them, they're amazing) the dish was awesome!

Tomorrow night will be German themed. Sauerbraten that has been marinading for 2 days now!
Speaking of German...I'm back on the Rosetta Stone wagon. I have just enough time on the weekends to get a whole lesson done. I hope to be able to speak it somewhat by the time we go to Disney!

And lastly, the baby room is coming right along. We've had contractors here working (part of the reason baby isn't sleeping during the day) and the floor is finished and so is the ceiling! Next up, the walls! Baby should be in his own room by the time he's 12...haha just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment