Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another Day, Another Dollar

This week sure has been a busy one.

Most of the week is a blur. Since holidays are always popular for cakes I have been very busy at work. Usually, I work about 4-5 hours. Doesn't seem like a lot, but when you're standing on your feet the whole time and bending over, digging out hard ice cream, it definitely takes a toll on the body. With Father's Day approaching, I worked 7 hours on Friday and 6 on Saturday. In the span of 2 days I built and decorated almost 60 cakes. Plus, tons of cupcake packs and cookies!

Friday and Saturday my back was killing me and I was exhausted. So, when Saturday night came around I was already in a bad mood. My boss insulted me at work (yea, after all the freakin work I'd been doing). He was "joking" but that doesn't mean it hurt any less. His daughter (who is also my friend) is the cake decorator at his other store. She and her brother built like 50 or 60 cakes together and she had 50 to decorate on Saturday. Well, I didn't have any help and did about 30 each day (Fri and Sat). So, he made a comment like, well she already had 18 cakes done by noon. And I came back with the fact that hers were already built and I had to do everything on my own. So there!!

So, that started off my foul mood. Then, Cam went to the beach with some friends and they had really poorly planning skills...long story. Anyway, so I was supposed to meet them at the movies and take Cam home because they picked him up on Friday and he had no car or way to get home. The movie was supposed to be at 8 or something and they were about 2 1/2 hours away. I still needed to know the exact time and how to get there.

I called Cam around 5 to see what was going on. They had just gotten to the beach. What?! Are you kidding me?! Who the hell planned that out. So, that pissed me off because what a waste of a beach trip, to me anyway. So then I got home and showered and got ready. I called and called and texted Cam, but no answer. Now I was really starting to get pissed. How can you make plans and expect someone to be somewhere if you don't answer your phone?!

I was going to give him until 8:30 and then I was getting into my PJs and into bed. He would have to find another way home. Mean, I know, but come on, pick up your damn phone! So, he finally calls me about 8:00...lucky bastard. Then, my GPS couldn't find the address. I ended up having to use my phone and finally got it to work. The movie ended up being at 9:10. It was after 8 by the time I got the damn address working and I had almost an hours drive to the theater. I drove like a mad-woman and made it there just before 9 (yes, yes, I am an awesome driver haha). Cam calls and I tell him that I'm about to park....here comes annoyance #3 for the day...

I ask where they are and they're still about 20 minutes away. Are you serious?! Ugh, so I play on my phone for a bit and decide to go stand by the door so they see me when they arrive. The longer I stood there, the more angry I got. They finally got to the theater and the movie was already 10 minutes in (not just pre-views, but the movie) Annoyance #4

We saw The Green Lantern, which was really good! Ryan Reynolds is definitely a hottie!! We got into the car to leave and I let him have it. Maybe I was a little rash and out of line, but I literally was exhausted and having all the annoyances on top of another didn't help one bit.

Today is Father's Day! I got to sleep 11 hours last night and I feel much better today! I have a wonderful Dad and I will be seeing him on Tuesday!! Cam went to NY for the day with his dad to fly in old planes and such. I am just happy to be relaxing all day with my kitties and some Panera for lunch! Yum!! Especially since I'm started a Cleanse and Burn tomorrow for 2 weeks! It's pretty intense and restrictive, but I'm hoping it will be what I need to boost my metabolism and help get me the results I want. I will also be getting back into my fitness routine now that that time of the month is over...I just can't do anything during that haha (sorry if that's T.M.I.)

No comments:

Post a Comment