Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Clean Eating

Happy New Year!!

I have decided to stop dieting this year and switch to a cleaner, healthier was of life instead. I have an amazing support system on my "Bringing Sexy Back" Facebook group. A wonderful group of ladies that I don't know personally, but it seems like I do now! With the help of these ladies, motivating me and keeping each other accountable with workouts, I have lost 10 pounds since the beginning of this new year! I'm down inches as well.

I actually had someone ask when I would be blogging and making meals again, so I decided to re-vamp my blog and hopefully inspire others to eat clean and stop dieting. It's a lifestyle and that makes it easy and effortless.

My plan is to do a daily blog of the food I'm eating and the healthy choices I'm making. Now, with a 14 month old I might not get to it everyday, but I sure will try!

I hope you enjoy the new blog and the new me!


Sunday, January 26, 2014
Day 1 of Clean Eating

Breakfast: Vegan Detox Green Monster Smoothie
(Almond Milk, Organic Kale, Organic Spinach, Organic Bananas and Strawberries, Organic Cucumber)














Snack #1: Ants on a Stick
(Raisins, Organic Celery, Organic Cream Cheese)



Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich with Fruit
(Peanut Butter, Jelly, Vegan Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread, Cherries, Clementines, Organic Raspberries)


Snack # 2: Hard Boiled Egg

Dinner: Salmon with Brown Rice Risotto, and Peas


 Heat the oil in the the skillet over medium heat.


 Add the onion and cook until soft.


 Add in the garlic.


 Place the rice in a pot and add the onion and garlic.


Add the 6 cups of chicken broth slowly until absorbed by the rice, it could take up to 40 minutes.


Bake the salmon fillets at 350 for 12 minutes.


We made peas for our side vegetable.


The finished product!



Brown Rice Risotto Recipe From: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/12/23/recipe-brown-rice-risotto/

No comments:

Post a Comment