Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fake Out-Take-Out Beef & Broccoli

My all-time favorite Chinese food is Beef & Broccoli.
 
Since the Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe was such a success, I decided to try another MYOTO recipe.
 
This time, my favorite.
 
This is a crock pot recipe, but it does cook rather quickly.
 
 


 
1-3 pounds boneless, beef chuck roast (as much or as little as you like, I had a 3 lb roast)
1 cup beef consume or beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs. sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced (I always grate my garlic)
2 Tbs. cornstarch
4 Tbs. sauce (from the crock pot)
Fresh or frozen broccoli (as much as you like, be sure to cook the fresh broccoli)
 
 
Slice beef roast into thin strips.
 

 
In a medium bowl, whisk together beef consume, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
 
 
Place beef into crock pot and pour mixture on top.
 


Toss to coat.
 
 
Cook on low for 2 hours. **
 
(If using fresh broccoli, place broccoli in a large pot and cover with water.
Boil for about 8 minutes, until cooked.
 
 
After the 2 hours, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid.
 
 
Mix into crock pot and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
 
Toss in the broccoli and serve with rice, if desired.
 


 
**Crock pot times vary. The original recipe said 6 hours and had a disclaimer that said start with 4 hours...I checked my beef after 2 hours and it was perfect. I would suggest starting with 2 hours and checking until your desired doneness.**

No comments:

Post a Comment