Thursday, May 9, 2013

Coffee Cake Cookies

Now, I'm normally a bake from scratch kinda girl, but I found this recipe on Pinterest and followed it how it was.
 
Needless to say, if I ever make it again (and it was good, don't get me wrong) the sugar cookie will be from scratch.
 
However, there's nothing wrong with the store-bought kind, I just like to know exactly what's going into my food and I can tweak the recipe, if needed.
 
Here's the recipe that I followed.
 
 
1 roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
 
Crumble:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
 
Glaze:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. water
 
In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter with a fork until it becomes a sand-like texture.
 

 
Bake cookies according to the package instructions, but take them out 5 minutes before completely done.
 
Press the back of a spoon onto the center of the cookie to create a small dent.
 
 
Top the cookies with the Crumble mixture and finish baking until they're golden.
 
 
While they're finishing in the oven, prepare the Glaze by mixing 1/2 cup brown sugar, the vanilla and the water.
 
Top the warm cookies with the Glaze.
 
 
That's it.
 
Another recipe with ingredients that most have in the fridge and pantry.
 
This cookie definitely lives up to it's name and should be eaten with your morning coffee (or after dinner coffee).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment