Sunday, April 7, 2013

Where Does the Time Go?

The weekends are when I try to sit down and blog about the week. It seems like I'll be able to write and then I get distracted with the baby or spending time with Cam or the holidays and BAM another week has gone by.

Where does the time go?

I look at my little man and I can't believe he's 4 months already. He looks so much older and so different from when he was born. He's becoming a little person and his personality is beginning to show.

Recap of the past couple of weeks:

March 24th we had the Seder at Joanne and Meg's house. We made it to the soup and then baby went ballistic. He was just so tired and since we weren't home we couldn't get him to calm down. We eventually had to leave and he fell asleep as soon as we got into the car. Once we were home he woke up and screamed for another hour. Poor baby. Needless to say, we won't be staying out past his bath time/bedtime anymore.

March 27th. A year ago I found out that I was going to be a mommy. I took a test at home and finally got that positive symbol I'd been so desperate to get for years. Then, I got the call while I was at work confirming that my blood test was positive too! What an amazing day! I also took Baby Duncan to see the Easter Bunny! He didn't seem fazed and we got a decent photo!


March 28th I took Baby D to the pediatrician for his 4 month check-up. He's doing very well in all the areas and they gave me the OK to start him on cereal! He also got a couple shots and was not happy the rest of the night.

March 31st was baby's 1st Easter. I made Cam and myself "bunny pancakes" for breakfast and then we headed over to my mom and dad's and Joanne and Meg joined us there. Baby D was all dressed up and looked so cute. We had a nice dinner and everyone loved my chick and cross cupcakes.
 








April 1st my mom came over and baby-sat baby while I had my dentist appointment. She brought Mack back with her and we were very excited to have him home! That night, while Cam and I were catching up on the DVR, Mack looked like his was running after his toy and then just fell over. He had another seizure. It lasted what seemed like an eternity and Cam had to eventually had to hold him because he kept trying to get up and he couldn't. His legs just wouldn't work. We kept a close eye on him and unfortunately he had two more during the night. The first one I woke up out of a dead sleep and jumped out of bed to hold him and the second one was right after I layed back down after Cam left for work. I called my mom as soon as she was up and asked if she would come over and watch the baby again so I could take Mack to the vet. He stayed there all day for observations and because nothing happened while he was there they couldn't give him a clear diagnosis. But, he's now on seizure medication twice a day and we have an emergency medicine incase he has one that's more than a couple minutes. Poor Mack. He's been through so much in such a short time.

Friday, Baby D and I went to visit my LVDI girls! We had a nice time until baby got cranky and then it was time to go. My parents came over so we could sign the tax papers and get our awesome refund! I can't wait to get that check in the mail!! We can FINALLY finish the baby room once we get it!! We got chinese take out for lunch/dinner and then they headed home.

Baby Duncan is now eating cereal (oatmeal and rice). It gets mixed with his formula and it tastes disgusting. I seriously don't know how he eats it! But, he seems to love it and he really likes to sit in his highchair.




He's starting to laugh, too. Right now he smiles really wide with his mouth open and holds his breath! When he can't hold it anymore he lets out a big grunt. It's hilarious!

Mack is doing well. He had one tiny episode on Tuesday night, but now that he's on the medication he's been fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment