Monday, April 29, 2013

Egg in Deli Ham

Well, it's Monday again...
 
Being a stay-at-home mom, everyday is the same day to me, but Monday means back to getting up at 4:30am (if not before with the baby) to make sure Cam gets up for work and that he has a nice breakfast.
 
Now, Cam usually either has an everything bagel with cream cheese or a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich, but I struggle every day with what to eat.
 
Trying to watch my calories and lose this stubborn baby weight makes meal time really difficult.
 
 Not only is it unpredictable when I'll get to eat, but I can never decide what to eat.
 
Some days, by the time I get to eat I'm starving and, surprise surprise, I end up over-eating or eating junk.
 
This week I'm starting to plan every meal in advance in hopes that it will help me.
 
I came across this on Pinterest and thought it looked really easy and really good.
 
I tweaked it a little more to my liking. Now I have breakfast for the week.
 
You will need:
 
 
 
A Muffin Pan
Cooking Spray
12 eggs (or as many as you want to make)
12 slices round deli ham
salt and pepper
Your favorite cheese to sprinkle on top
 
 
 
 
 
Preheat oven to 400.
 
 
Spray the muffin pan with the cooking spray so the eggs don't stick (I didn't do this and it was a real pain to clean up, so spray them well).
 
Place the ham in the muffin hole.
 
 
 
Crack the egg on top of the ham.
 
 
 
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
 
Bake for 12 minutes.
 
 
 
Sprinkle cheese on top and serve warm.
 
 
I paired mine with a slice of organic whole wheat bread and jelly.
 
A filling breakfast for around 200 calories.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment