Sunday, March 24, 2013

You Win Some, You Lose Some

The day has come. No more walking intervals in my Couch to 5k Program.

Friday was the first day for that to start and I'm sad to say that I could not make it through the whole 25 minutes without walking a couple times. I don't want to make excuses, but I was just feeling off before and during the run. I had some peppers and dip right before too so I'm guessing that didn't help.

Monday will be a new day. I still finished the work out and ended up getting my best distance so that's something at least. It's all mental. I wish I didn't have to know there's no walking and before I know it I'll be done. It's the knowing that there's no break. No rest. No time to catch my breath and give my legs a minute. I should just keep saying in a Dory voice, "Just keep running, just keep running" over and over in my head.

Other than that little let-down I had a nice week.

Tuesday, Baby D and I headed to NJ for my Dad's Birthday. We met everyone at Clinton Station Diner. My Aunt Irene and Uncle John where there when we arrived. What a nice surprise!! It was great to see them. My half-sister brought her grandson, Jackson, which was a nice surprise too. The two babies were very well behaved right up to the end when it was nap time for both of them and then all hell broke loose. We all ran out of there quick haha.

Yesterday, my childhood friend, Katie and her fiance Chris came over for the day. It was really nice to sit and catch up with them. Getting to know Chris was great and Cam's already planning when we can get together again. Baby D woke up just before they were leaving so I'm glad they got to see him as well.

Today, we will be heading to NJ yet again. Joanne and Meg are hosting a traditional Passover dinner at their house. Neither of us has been to one so we are really excited. I have Baby D's outfit picked out and I can't wait to see him in it. I will post pics in my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment