Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sick Baby

My Mom came over to help me run errands since it's Cam's Drill Weekend with the Army. We were out and about for a few hours and it was damp and windy. Even though we weren't outside for very long, I think Baby Duncan caught a little cold.

Last night I kept being woken up by his coughing. It didn't seem to bother him, as he kept sleeping. But, every time I was up on my feet to check on him. He "slept" about 10 hours last night and when he finally really woke me up around 6:45, I got up and dressed to get him up. By the time I checked on him again he was back to sleep. (Did I mention that I had all his medicine and bottle made?!)

He's now been asleep for over another 4 hours. I've been able to get the bills paid, checkbook balanced, thank-you cards done, laundry going (plus I organized and packed away all his 3 month clothes because he's in 6 month now!) and I was able to drink my coffee and eat my breakfast in more than one gulp/bite!

I keep checking his forehead and making sure he's still breathing. It is definitely scary to go in there and see his so still and sometimes I tap him a little harder just to make sure he's ok. He felt warm earlier and now thankfully feels a little cooler so I'll just let him sleep it off and then some medicine when he wakes up.

The guys are here again working on the room and they found some more water damage when they removed the insulation from the outer walls from where the roof leaked down. Great. More money to spend. It's good because that room will be completely perfect when they're done, but it's just becoming more and more a pain in the you-know-what! I just hope Baby D will be in his own room before he's 18 haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment