Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween Party

Well, this week started out normal enough. I worked on Monday, ran my errands on Tuesday, and worked on Wednesday as well as sitting at the service station for 2 hours with Cam's truck as a favor to him.

Thursday, my sickness started. It was just a cough and a runny nose, but then turned into a fever and nightmares. I honestly can't remember what I did on Thursday, but I called off from work on Friday to try and rest up for my party. I drank 5 huge cups of tea and took hot showers. I thought I would feel better in the morning, but after another sleepless night I still felt horrible.

Yesterday, I had to be at work at 10am. I woke up with Cam (It's his Drill weekend) and took some dayquil and had a banana to get something in my stomach. I ended up having a choking spell and thew up. I had to go to work b/c I'm manager on Saturday. Thank goodness there wasn't too much to do and after I finished all my cakes, I literally got a blanket out of my car and napped on the ground in the back.

The girl I worked with made me a milkshake and aside from drinking half of that, a cup of tea, and 3 bites of a bagel I couldn't eat anything else. I went home and took another hot shower to try and kick out the cold. I ended up getting sick again (probably from the dairy) and then I took and half hour nap before getting ready for the party.

When I woke up, I got dressed (I changed my outfit to just leggings, a fancy top, a huge fake ring and glitter heels and said I was Khloe Kardashian. My Gaga outfit was too cold and I couldn't wear it. But, I put on my glitter eyelashes and did my make-up big. Cam and I put the finishing touches on everything before the guests arrived.

The party was a success! Everyone brought great food (which I was hopefully feel good enough to try tonight...all I ate last night were crackers, pretzels, toast, and sherbet) We had a pong tourney going on and everyone seemed to have a good time. Too bad I felt so horrible, but all and all it was a fun night.

I actually got a really good night's sleep last night. The extra hour helped too! I woke up feeling a little better. I had a mug of tea and then switched to ginger ale and soup and crackers. I did some cleaning up and catching up on my tivo and now I'm going to take a little nap until Cam gets home from Drill.

I hate to say it, but I didn't take any photos. Bad Krystal, I know. It really was a good time though. Thanks to everyone to came and brought such yummy food! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment