Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sick

I've been wanted to post for awhile now, but I've been really sick.


I said in the last blog that I was sick for my Halloween Party. I went back to the doctor the next day and was the first and only one there. I still waited for a hour and a half. After all that the 2 idiots (they were more worried about giggling about the computers than helping me) said that I had nasal drip. I had a horrible fever that night and decided to go back to the doctor the next day. This time I saw a different doctor and when I got there I had a 102 fever. She examined me and said I had Asthmatic Bronchitis. It was viral so they couldn't give me anything except some cough syrup to help me sleep.


I was still getting the fevers and not feeling any better. I had to take the whole week off and got so much grief about it (for God's sake I was freaking sick) so that didn't help either. I had to go to work on Saturday and I felt completely awful. I went to work this Monday and then on Tuesday I searched for a new doctor. I wanted a second opinion on my illness.

Cam and I wanted a more intimate, family practice and that's what I found. I made an appointment and went to see if they could tell me anything different. Plus number 1: I didn't wait very long in the waiting room and about 20 minutes in the exam room. The doctor was very nice. She asked me a million questions and then did an exam. She listened to my lungs and said, "I'm almost 100% sure that you have pneumonia, but I want to send you for a chest x-ray just to be sure."

She listened to my lungs...3 other doctors from the other place listened to my lungs and they heard nothing...needless to say I will never be going there again. So I got an x-ray and it showed that I had pneumonia in my lower right lung. I had to take Wednesday off to rest, but I was back to work on Friday...and my friend had her last day of work that day. :(

Today, I had work all day. I'm feeling a little better. Still hacking my lungs out not being able to breathe very well. I made it through the work day and I'm looking forward to relaxing tomorrow and hopefully feeling better each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment