Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Feeling Better

Since my last post I am feeling a lot better!! I was on medicine and my cough is almost gone. Nighttime is still the worst, but at least I'm sleeping better now. I did have a new development...bruised ribs. I thought they were cracked, but my x-ray didn't show anything. It's still painful when I cough, but not as bad anymore either.

I had a really nice Thanksgiving! First, Cam and I went over to our friend Laurel's house for brunch and then headed to NJ for dinner at Joanne's (Cam's Mom). My parents and his sisters joined us and we all had a really great meal together. Cam had to work that night so we headed home early.

I've had a lot of days off since Thanksgiving. Because of the holiday the order didn't come to the store and we ran out of product so I couldn't make anything. It's nice to have off and be home, but obviously I'm not getting paid and that sucks. I'll be going back to work tomorrow and I know I'm going to have a ton to do...

On a happy note. I got the medical receptionist job!! I went for my second interview and she told me I got the job right away! I got another tour of the building and sat with the girls at the desk for a little bit. I am soooo excited! I start January 4th and it's going to be great! I'll be telling my boss tomorrow about the good news for me, bad news for him, but I'm giving him a month's notice!

This morning I woke up and went upstairs to feed the cats. When I opened the door Apollo had a mouse in his mouth. I freaked out and went to wake up Cam to help me, but Apollo hates him and would never listen to him so I had to do it. I got the roll of paper towels and went back upstairs to get the mouse. When I went back up he wouldn't put it down so I got their food to get him to put it down while he ate. I went back over the gate and Apollo put it down and it ran (I thought it was dead...I don't know why he didn't kill it).

So now I don't know where it is...if it ran back out or what. I was freaking out and crying so hard that I got sick to my stomach. I HATE mice!! Yuck! I let Mack in the room where it was and was sniffing around like he was on the hunt. Terriers are rat hunters so I thought that if he couldn't find it then it probably left again. We shall see. I will be making a trip to get some traps tonight and I'll be hoping and praying to God that was the only one!!

I'm looking forward to feeling better each day and I even started walking/running again this week. I'm starting back from the beginning, but it really feels great to get back outside and get some exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment