Friday, October 18, 2013

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This recipe is for the crock pot. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not sure of the difference between a slow cooker and a crock pot. I think there is a difference and I've learned that because of cooking times. Whenever I make a "slow cooker" recipe in my crock pot, I always end up cutting the cooking time in half or even more.
 
That being said, this recipe turned out deliciously well. This would be the perfect recipe for all you football fans. You can make it and take it right with you.
I didn't have ground turkey in the house so I just used the ground beef. I also just used regular eggs instead of the substitute. It still tasted great that way.



3/4 pound ground meat
3/4 pound ground turkey
1 small onion, minced
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
 
 
Combine the first 5 ingredients.
 
 
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
 
Place in slow cooker.
 
 
In a mixing bowl, combine ketchup, white vinegar, Worcestershire, sugar, and dry mustard.
Mix to combine.
 
 
Pour sauce mixture over meatballs.
 
Stir meatballs gently to coat with the sauce.
 
 
Cook covered on low for about 2 hours. (I would check on the meatballs after an hour or so, you will smell when they are done).
 
Serve with toothpicks if tailgating.
 
I paired mine with rice and mixed veggies.
 
 

The meatballs turned out so tender and juicy. They didn't last long in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment