Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Linguini with Honey Sauced Prawns

I cannot tell you the amount of times I have made this recipe. I am a shrimp lover and this recipe is super easy and fast. It's definitely a go-to recipe for me (you can tell by the food splatters in the cookbook).
 
The combination of honey and red pepper flakes in the dish make it a real winner and a staple in my house. I used to omit the red pepper, but adding it in really makes it better. I also learned that prawns are very large shrimp. I just thought some people called them shrimp and some called them prawns. Good to know.
 
 
 

 
1 pound linguini
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
4 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 pound prawns, peeled and deveined
3 garlic cloves, minced
 
 
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
 
 
Combine next 6 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
 
 
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
 
Stir fry the prawns and garlic for 3 minutes, or until the prawns start to turn pink.
 
 
 
Add the honey mixture and stir fry for 1 minute, or until the sauce boils and thickens.
 



 
Serve over linguini.
 

You can add any vegetables, scallions, onions, etc, if you wish. Or it is yummy plain and simple.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment