Thursday, August 1, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff.
 
I can't tell you how many times I've made this recipe.
 
I always like to try different cookbooks and see which recipes I find the best.
 
To be honest, this is not the best one I have found, but it still turned out very yummy.
 
 

 
1 pound rump steak
cooking oil spray
1 onion, sliced
1/4 tsp. paprika
8oz mushrooms, halved (I used baby bellas)
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3 tsp. cornflour
3 Tbsps. chopped fresh parsley


 
 
Remove any excess fat from the steak and slice into thin strips.

 
Cook in batches in a large, lightly greased frying pan over high heat, until just cooked.

 
Remove from the pan.
 
Lightly spray the pan and cook the onion, paprika, and mushrooms over medium heat, until the onion is soft.

 
Add the meat, tomato paste, stock, and 1/2 cup of water.



 
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
 
In a small bowl, combine the evaporated milk and the cornflour.

 
Add to the pan and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.

 
Sprinkle with parsley.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment