Friday, June 7, 2013

Chow Mein

As I'm sure you all are aware by now...I have a slight Chinese food abuse problem.
 
Here's another MYOTO I came across and decided to give a try.
 
I added a few things here and there to amp up the recipe and you are welcome to try my ideas if you would like.
 

 
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 Tbs. brown sugar
2 cloves garlic (I grate mine in)
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
ground black pepper, to taste
2-3 Tbs. vegetable oil
3 (5.6 oz.) packages refrigerated Yaki Soba noodles (I used lo mein noodles and just followed the cooking instructions)
2/3 cup chopped celery
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cups chopped cabbage
**I also used sesame oil and sesame seeds**




 
 
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
Set aside.

 
Remove Yaki Soba from packages and rinse noodles well (or cook noodles according to package instructions).

 
 
Heat oil in a large wok or skillet.
 
Add celery and onion and sauté for about 1-2 minutes or until they become soft and transparent.

 
Add cabbage and sauté an additional minute or so.

 
Toss Yaki Soba noodles and soy sauce mixture with the vegetables over medium-high heat for a few minutes or until noodles are heated through.

 
Then, I added a little sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
 
There you have it.

 
The most time consuming part of this meal is the vegetable copping (which you can do ahead of time).
 
Other than that, you have another quick, easy, healthy Chinese food dinner!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment