Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Day From Hell

Friday morning I woke up still feeling sore and cranky from lack of sleep. Cam left for AT but would only be gone for the day. I had work and I knew I had a ton to do, figures the one day that I really just wanted to stay home!

I get into work and my boss was talking about how hot it was the night before and because of all the equipment running it would probably get hot that day too. He told me to slow down and not get too crazy...but I had so much to do. As the day went on it got hotter and hotter in the store. The thermometer was reading 88 degrees and we literally had sweat dripping off of us. Finally around the time I was leaving he got someone to come out and look at what was happening. Turns out that one of the compressors was broken and they fixed it that night.

As I left the store, walking outside, it felt just like I was still in the store. I got in my car and because of what happened the day before I didn't turn on the a/c and drove home with the windows open. So far so good, I was rocking out to my Bad Meets Evil CD and then...cut to me having to pull over again because my car was doing the same damn thing. Did I mention that I was less than 10 minutes from my house?!

So, I pull over, shut off the car, and bake in the heat for about 10 minutes while bitching on the phone with my mom. It starts up again and I make it home. I get home and Cam is mowing the lawn. I pull into the garage and go over to him and proceed to tell him how insane he is because it's too hot to be doing yard work and tell him about the car. I go inside to change because I am literally soaked from sweat. Cam comes inside too and after screaming at each other for about 15 minutes, he told me to get changed and we were going to Giant for a few things we needed.

We get in his truck and start driving. I figured out pretty quickly that we weren't going to Giant...we were heading toward the movie theater. I was right! First we had dinner at Red Robin (YUM) haha and then we took a quick trip to the book store and then to our movie. We saw Captain America and it was awesome! Oh, I forgot to mention that while Cam and I were waiting for a table we ordered some drinks and there was an other couple sitting at the bar (we were standing because it was so crowded) and he told the bartender to put our drinks on his tab (Cam was still in uniform). It was so nice and I actually got a little teary-eyed. It's just so nice to know that there are still some decent people left in the world!!

Saturday at work was much better. The air was fixed and set to a comfortable 70 degrees. I didn't have many cakes to make for the display, but I had 2 large rectangles and a small rectangle. They take forever to make and freeze. Not that I had anything else to do...

I've been driving Cam's truck for two days now and it's not so bad. Much bigger than I'm used to, but I can definitely manage. My car will be towed to the dealer tomorrow and hopefully won't cost too much to fix. Good thing it happened while Cam was away and I can use his truck and not have to pay for a rental, at least!

Today, Sunday, Mack and I took a trip to NJ to see my parents. We went to the China Buffet for lunch and when we got there it was closed. Indefinitely. Sad because we loved that place, but the new owners were horrible and so was the food so we kind of saw it coming. We got pizza instead!! Then, I headed home sans Mack (Dad wanted him to stay for a few days haha) and got some cleaning done.

Cats are happy there's no Mack :(  It's really sad how different they are when he is not around. I wish they would get along. I always hear about cats and dogs sleeping together and hanging out...two years later they still hate the dog. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment