Friday, September 27, 2013

Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken

This recipe was so yummy and the hubby LOVED it.
 
He said I definitely needed to print out the recipe and keep making it.
 
A fairly easy recipe, it only took a few minutes to prepare (besides cooking the bacon) and then it gets popped in the oven and the clean up can commence!
 
I've been on a kick of choosing meals based on what I have in the pantry and fridge.
 
I didn't have to purchase anything for this one and I'm going to try to stay along those lines for future meals (besides fresh produce.)
 
 
 
You will need:
 
4 boneless chicken breasts
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. paprika
Fiesta lime seasoning (this is what I had on hand, you could use any zesty seasoning you have)
4 Tbs. bacon, cooked and chopped (I used 4 slices)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
 
 
 
Preheat oven to 375°
 
Cook bacon until crispy.
 
 
Place on paper towels to absorb grease.
 
Season chicken with zesty seasoning.
 
 
Place in 9x13 baking dish.
 
Combine honey, Dijon, lemon juice, and paprika.
 
 
Pour over chicken.
 
 
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
 
Top each chicken breast with 1 Tbs. of bacon and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
 
 
Continue to bake until cheese is melted and brown (about 10 minutes.)
 
 
To go with the cheesy chicken, I prepare mashed potatoes from scratch and green beans, topping each with extra bacon pieces.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment